Shock Wave Therapy
Health and Wellness Falsgrave Clinic is pleased to announce the addition of Radial Shockwave Therapy into our range of services.
Radial Shockwaves have been shown to have genuine healing capabilities for many well known musculoskeletal conditions.
Radial shockwave therapy (RSWT) is a method for the treatment of superficial orthopedic disorders developed over the past 20 years. A projectile accelerated in the handpiece generates a mechanical pressure wave, which is transferred to the human body by an applicator head and which radiates out in the tissue.
The mechanical energy is absorbed by the tissue and decreases as the distance from the application site increases. The mechanical stress triggers reactions in the tissue that have a positive influence on a wide range of orthopedic and neurological conditions.
In the clinic setting Radial Shockwave Therapy is of considerable value for the treatment of:
- Insertion tendinopathy, typically elbow, shoulder, knee, ankle, thigh, foot etc.
- Tendon problems, typically achilles, rotator cuff, forearm, hamstring, hip etc.
- Chronic inflammation, typically bursitis, synovitis, fasciitis.
- Hypertonic muscle systems including spasticity.
- Myofascial syndromes including trigger points, fibromyalgia.
- Haematoma treatments, typically muscle injuries.
By combining traditional physiotherapy treatment of massage, mobilisation and exercise with the diagnostic capability of ultrasound imaging and radial shockwave, Health and Wellness Falsgrave Clinic provides the residents of Scarborough with up to date, evidence based therapy for those soft tissue conditions that can be both painful and limiting.
For assessment, consultation and treatment call 01723 507555 option 1 for physiotherapy.